The Inter-American Foundation is an equal opportunity employer including the hiring advancement and retention of people with disabilities. Its Civil Service positions are filled in compliance with procedures mandated by federal law and regulations, which include the requirement of United States citizenship. Proficiency in Spanish may be required for some positions.
For other information on federal employment including job lists, requirements, alternative formats for persons with disabilities and veterans’ preferences, contact the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) at 912-757-3000, TDD 912-757-3100 or visit their website.
All postings are available at USA Jobs.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist reports to the Managing Director for Learning and Impact within the Inter-American Foundation. The employee will support all of IAF’s efforts to ensure meaningful and reliable performance data analysis and use, from shaping agency metrics to analyzing and synthesizing data and findings.
- Collects and compiles qualitative and quantitative data from numerous sources for analysis. Reviews performance data submissions. Ensures data are meaningful, complete, standardized, and consistent. Develops and maintains program databases.
- Analyzes and synthesizes quantitative and qualitative data using a wide variety of methods and software. Responds to and coordinates internal requests for grant performance data.
- Utilizes a wide variety of data visualization methods and techniques to accurately and effectively communicate data and data analysis findings.
- Conducts in depth systemic and well-organized research into a wide variety of topic areas in support of the mission of the IAF and to assist in the implementation of the agency?s learning agenda.
- Serves as a Contract Officer Representative (COR) for personal service contracts, service contracts and inter agency agreements.
- Serves in an administrative and program support capacity to the IAF Fellowship Program.
Support innovative solutions to development challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean! This position works within the Inter-American Foundation’s (IAF) Office of Programs. The incumbent will function as the Foundation’s programmatic contact for a funding portfolio in assigned regions/countries.
- Manages and provides guidance for the administration of a grant portfolio of grassroot community organizations. Functions as the Foundation’s contact point for grant making in assigned regions/countries.
- Liaises with other federal agencies, host governments, and international and national development institutions.
- Assists, analyzes, and provides program guidance on development and implementation opportunities in the field requiring knowledge of community development issues in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Identifies potential grantee partners, pre-screens projects, visits potential grantees, analyzes grant proposals for consistency with Foundation priorities and guidelines, and presents proposals for discussion at project reviews.
- Participates as a team member in the review of other projects. Coordinates the grant agreement process and consults with other Foundation offices, such as the Office of General Counsel, as necessary.
- Manages active grants and partnerships, recommends amendments, and approves disbursements. Coordinates local contractors monitoring grants.
- Prepares grant and country budgets and provides required information regarding assigned countries or grants. Works with external partners as necessary to conduct project activities.
- Works with management and other Foundation Representatives to develop programs and strategies to carry out the performance goals in the Foundation’s Strategic Plan. Drafts position papers on country contexts and development topics.
- Summarizes and clarifies pragmatic, project-oriented, and general lessons learned from Foundation-supported project activities.
- Maintains regional expertise and updated information regarding events affecting social and economic development in assigned countries and programs.
- Translates strategic goals into program objectives (i.e., grant making and capacity building strategies, strategies for developing multi-partner efforts in priority thematic areas such as sustainable agriculture or social inclusion).
For additional information and to apply online, visit the job listings on USA Jobs: